When you bring in the best quality patio furniture, be it from stores, online, or patio furniture on sale, you probably want it to last for a long time. The furniture in your backyard is exposed to snow, strong winds, heavy rains, all of which can cause major damage to your furniture. To avoid any kind of impairment and make it last for long, you need to maintain and clean your furniture from time to time.
Here are a few simple tips to keep your patio furniture clean.
- Make sure you clean your outdoor patio furniture on a regular basis. Use the right method of cleaning as different cleaning techniques are needed for different types of furniture.
- Hot and foamy water works like magic for it for furniture made of aluminum, vinyl, and plastic. After scrubbing, rinse it thoroughly with clean water and then let it dry in the sun.
- Never use soap on any wooden furniture. For cleaning your wooden sofa furnished with outdoor furniture cushions, just stick to plain water. Spray it once to wash off all the dust and then wipe it with a clean sponge.
- Glass tabletops are more striking when they are clean. Make sure you clean the top with best glass cleaners regularly. If you keep the burning candles on glass table top, you could end up having melted wax from the candle. To clean it up, start off by making it softer with the help of a hair dryer, then use a piece of card to gently rub away the wax. If a mark of it is left behind, use a little alcohol to wipe it away.
- To prevent the unusual sight of rust on your metal patio furniture, you can coat it with paste wax. Preferably you should apply the paste wax quickly after you purchase it, but it is better late than never. You can re-apply it immediately after washing your furniture too.
Follow these simple tips and you will never face any above-mentioned problems.