Mold in your house can be very harmful to your kids. It can spread through tiny spores that come away with air. Mold can easily thrive at places with water and warmth. Mold is everywhere; all they need is a chance to grow.
People often confuse between symptoms of mold allergy and common fever and cold. If your baby lives and plays in an area with lots of molds, he/she is more likely to have allergies and other health problems.
Since mold allergy symptoms are often misinterpreted and parents remain indifferent towards them, it may later prove to be hazardous for your kid. To avoid such instances, parents should be well aware of the various mold allergy symptoms very well. Below are four such symptoms that an individual must know about.
Irritation to the central nervous system and mucous membranes happens when a child is exposed to black mold. Nosebleeds, coughing, and dizziness are some other common symptoms when one is exposed to such mold.
If your child inhales mold spores, he/she may suffer from many respiratory problems like runny nose, coughing, sore throat, and wheezing. Since such mold allergy symptoms are similar to the symptoms of seasonal allergies, it becomes important for the parents to consult a doctor.
When a child comes in contact with mold spores, irritation, itching, and rashes on the body are common.
If eyes come in contact with the black mold, they can result in severe inflammations in the eyes. Itchy and watery eyes, soreness and redness of eyes are some of its symptoms.
Rather than waiting for such symptoms to arrive, one should take certain proactive measures to avoid mold harbor. You should repair any leaks and should keep the room always free from humidity. Remember to keep windows closed when it’s humid.